Allah sent down books to His Prophets and Messengers. The revelations can be in different forms such as forms of books or sheet, instructions, or teaching.
Allah sent revelation to every one of his Prophets and Messengers.
Say (O Muslims), “We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Ismail (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Yaqoob (Jacob), and to Al-Asbat (the twelve sons of Yaqoob (Jacob)), and that which has been given to Moosa (Moses) and Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islam). (Al Baqarah 2:136)
There are some books that Allah mention and some that Allah didn’t mention
1. Scriptures of Ibrahim: Verily! This is in the former Scriptures, The Scriptures of Ibrahim (Abraham) and Moosa (Moses) (Al A’laa 87:18-19)Tawraah: Verily, We did send down the Taurat (Torah) (to Moosa (Moses)), (Al Maidah 5:44)
2. Zaboor: And indeed, We have preferred some of the Prophets above others, and to Dawood (David) We gave the Zaboor (Psalms). (Al Israa 17:55)
3. Injeel: And in their footsteps, We sent Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqoon (Al Maidah 5:46)
4. Quran: The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Quran, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). (Al Baqarah 2:185)
Some teachings of the books
1. Guidance for this life
“Verily, We did send down the Taurat (Torah) (to Moosa (Moses)), therein was guidance and light, by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allahs Will, judged the Jews. And the rabbis and the priests (too judged the Jews by the Taurat (Torah) after those Prophets) for to them was entrusted the protection of Allahs Book, and they were witnesses thereto.” (Al Maidah 5:44)
“And We gave Moosa (Moses) the Scripture and made it a guidance for the Children of Israel (saying): “Take not other than Me as (your) Wakeel (Protector, Lord, or Disposer of your affairs, etc).” (Al Israa 17:2)
2. Taught people how to judge
“And We ordained therein for them: “Life for life, eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal.” But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it shall be for him an expiation. And whosoever does not judge by that which Allah has revealed, such are the Zalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers – of a lesser degree).” (Al Maidah 5:45)
3. Remind people of the importance of next life
Day (behold), ye prefer the life of this world; Although the Hereafter is better and more lasting. (Al A’laa 87:16-17)
– The Quran itself is a miracle and nothing similar can be produced by human beings.
– Quran is the last revelation and there will be no more revelation after it.
– Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad pbuh who is the last prophet.
– Allah has promised to guard the Quran Himself.
– Everyone who claims they are muslim must follow the teaching and regulation thought in the Quran.
Process of Quran being preserved