The first articles of faith comprises of few parts:
• Believe in the existence of Allah
Ways of knowing Allah:
• Through his creation – nature, knowledge, our body.
• Through Quran: Surah Al Ikhlas where Allah has laid the conditions of a God for us to differentiate between true and false God.
“Say, “He is Allah, [who is] One, Allah, the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent.” (Al Ikhlas 112:1-4)
• Believe that Allah is the creator and master of everything.
• Based on the fundamental concept that Allah alone caused all things to exist when there was nothing.
• It is also one of the attributes of Allah – al-Khaliq which mean The Creator. Human doesn’t create but rather than human only arrange.
• For example, human doesn’t create a house but rather that human built a house from material that existed. Whereas Allah created something out of nothing just by ‘Kun Faya Kun’ (Be & It Be).
• No one deserves our complete love and obedience but Allah. He is our only True God.
Our worship must fullfill 2 conditions:
• Done purely to Allah -Worship done for pleasure of Allah and not others which include fame, boss, wife, family, relatives.
• Done according to the teaching of Prophet Muhammad pbuh
We don’t know what the best way to please / worship Allah.
• Allah send His guidance with His messenger.
We must follow the Sunnah of Muhammad s.a.w as this is the meaning of Shahadah.
• Shahadah means no one deserves to be worship besides Allah and we may ONLY worship Allah the way He taught us – by means of His messenger Muhammad s.a.w
• Allah has the best and greatest names, qualities and attributes which none can compared to it.
• Found in Quran and Sahih Hadith.
• Nobody is allowed to make up names of Allah.